Friday, November 27, 2015

Full Reveal from the Robin's Nest.. card box and cards


I am now sharing my full reveal from the Robin's Nest. I am sharing a box with a lid to decorate and  use it as a gift box to put some assorted cards into for a small xmas token gift... when you don't do a gift exchange but want to share something personal with a dear friend or family member.
I didn't have a set pattern because I just wanted it to hold the cards which had some different sizes. So basically made the  base slightly bigger then the largest card with envelope and then the lid was just a tad bigger then that to close over it.
I will share a link I found though for a stand shape of box with a lid if your interested.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=C211US91036D20151110&p=box+template+with+separate+lid

 and here is the photo of it.. for you to view. You would still have to adjust to the base size required.




When my box was made I to try something a cool to decorate it. I cut a base paper just slightly smaller then the lid size. I pencil traced a circle and then drew sun ray lines to the outer edges. This I hand cut and applied to my lid. I added the fun metal accent and made the label.

Supply List:
Other: Momenta metal accent, misc tag

 
Now I am going to share some of the cards I custom made to put in my card box for a Christmas gift.


I use cardstock base cards and envelopes to create most of these. Sometimes I cut a base front to work on until totally finished so I can wrap around ribbon, twine etc.. and then glue the whole base front to the card front. I am using lots of Robin's Nest scraps from my stash to create my cards and then using the great new accents that I have. 

Supply List:
Ribbon: Azure ribbon
Other: sew easy ink roller, punch







Up next is a Birthday card. Super blue stripes with a great bike die cut and other accent shapes.

Supply List:



This is neutral colour card for a general celebration. I used monochromatic grey combos of prints. added a rubon sentiment with layers behind for pop of colour. I punched a border and added a strip of straw accent.


Supply List:
Rubon : Viva
Accent: straw
Other: misc cardstock,





This card is a congratulations card and I went to dark misc colours so it could be for anyone. I added some additional Kreaxions cut circles to pop on the circular print paper. The sew easy ink roller makes great corners.

Supply List
Rub-on: Viva 
Other: misc cardstock, sew easy ink roller

Thanks for stopping by.. hope to see you again soon.


1 comment:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow beautiful and gorgeous cards and fantastic box Bev


gr karin