Thursday, June 5, 2014

Linnie Blooms and Stencil ideas


Hi  everyone.. today I am sharing some fun ways to use the Linnie Blooms Stencil/Masks to create with.

I thought I'd share a variety of ways to alter the butterfly stencil and use it on your projects.
I choose to make tags but they would be great on many different projects too.
1. I punched the wings of the butterfly with Kreaxions #903 
2. applied gesso through a mask and then ink stamped it
3. I embossed it and inked the raised parts to pop it.
4. NO PHOTO.. but I zigzag stitched all around the outside edge.





Using #1 and #2 together I topped the gesso stamped with the punched butterfly.
The base one is glued flat but the top one is attached only through the centre and is also offset.
The card base is Paper House Impressions, the stitching and sentiment is SRM stickers and I added some Creative Embellishments squares that fell out of a punched accent and the twine flight path for the butterfly is perfect. Then the last added twine through the punched hole.

Supply List:
Paper: Paper House impressions mini paper pad
Cardstock: misc
Punch: Kreaxions #903
Ink: Memento

Accent: Creative Embellishment

Stencil/Mask: Linnie Blooms butterfly

Stamp: misc

Mask: Prima using Gesso
Sentiment and Stitches: SRM Stickers
Other: twine, tag base




Using #3 and #4 I topped the stitched one on top of the embossed inked butterfly... only these are directly on top of each other. I added the outer edges with stickles and through the centre.
On this tag I Kreaxions #903 punched the bottom and top border. I ink stamped the circle behind the butterfly and the stitching and sentiment is SRM stickers. Twine is also applied to this tag.

Supply List:
Paper: Paper House impressions mini paper pad
Cardstock: misc
Punch: Kreaxions #903, Martha Stewart
Ink: Memento

Accent: Creative Embellishment

Stencil/Mask: Linnie Blooms butterfly

Stamp: Martha Stewart

Ink: Memento
Sentiment and Stitches: SRM Stickers
Other: twine, tag base


Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this tag. Great use of the stencil. Beautiful.